Does MRRD website solve your relevant questions?
The Citizens Charter is a National Priority Program (NPP) of the National Unity Government (NUG) that is currently in its design phase and is expected to launch on October 1, 2016.
The Citizens Charter is the first ever inter-ministerial, multi-sectorial NPP, where Ministries will collaborate on a single program using a programmatic approach. The key service delivery ministries involved are: MRRD, MoE, MoPH and MAIL. The Citizens’ Charter will go one step further than NSP and bring the CDCs to the forefront of program delivery and all development activities thereafter. The Community Development Councils (CDCs) will be linked to sub-national government to improve communication and coordination from the community to the district, provincial and national levels, which will increase Government visibility and accountability. The Citizens’ Charter is an important foundation for the Government’s reform agenda, contributing to a number of priority areas including: Ensuring Citizens’ Development Rights; Building Better Governance; Reforming Development Planning & Management and Developiing Partnerships.
The Citizens Charter intends to improve service delivery, provide greater responsiveness by the Government to the people and increase the level of public satisfaction with services.
The Charter commits to deliver the following services across the country over a 10 year period:
· Basic health services
· Basic education access
· Improved farming technologies and the delivery of extension services
· Water management, including safe drinking water, irrigation and flood
control, and sanitation
· Rural connectivity with tertiary roads
· Rural renewable energy
Under Citizen’s Charter, MRRD will be responsible for three of the CC’s core services. Communities will have at least one of:
· Basic electricity from renewable sources - 100W per household
· Basic road access - within 2km walking distance from nearest year-round accessible rural road
· Small-scale irrigation infrastructure - (water divider; syphon; small dams; construction or rehabilitation of Irrigation canal; small-scale protection wall; small-scale Gabion wall)